Amy L. Cook-Porter, RCST®
Porter Cranio Therapies
Amy Cook-Porter is a Registered Cranio Sacral Therapist. She completed her training for both Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy and Biodynamic Lymphatic Therapy at the School of Inner Health under the instruction Kathleen Morrow. Ms Cook-Porter is skilled in reducing joint inflammation, injuries to hips, knees and ankles as well as neck and shoulders. She is also trained in closed head injuries.
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy – A noninvasive, hands-on therapy that involves gentle pressure at the joints of the body. The holding begins at the ankles and works up to the head tracking and removing restriction, allowing the body to self correct.
- Biodynamic Lymphatic Therapy – This therapy works in conjunction with Craniosacral Therapy. At each joint there may be fluid. As a lymphatic therapist, she is trained to drain the fluids from the joints into the lymph vessels for elimination from the body. In this way homeostasis of the joint fluids are returned, allowing for self correction and an increased boost to the immune system.
- Self-care for arms & shoulders
- Self-care for hips, knees & ankles
- Understanding the lymphatic system differently
Roberta graduated from the Scherer Academy of Natural Healing (now the Santa Fe School of Massage) in 1990 and has been practicing massage in Colorado since September 1990. In 1991 she began taking classes in a type of somatic/structural bodywork called Ortho-Bionomy. Over the years, she has taken a number of classes in this modality, and has found it to greatly enhance her bodywork practice. She holds certifications in several energy modalities such as Reiki and Magnified Healing, and has also been trained in Flower Essence Therapy.
Roberta has worked in a variety of settings, including a DO’s office, day spas, shared offices, and at home. She has worked with “shut-ins” and has visited nursing homes and assisted living facilities
Massage Therapy, Ortho-Bionomy® (somatic bodywork), Flower Essences, Reiki, Lymph Drainage
Description of service/product offered
Massage therapy, somatic Bodywork, custom prepared flower essences.
Diva’s Laundry Service
A self-described “Laundry Diva”, Desiree “Diva” Hickson is an entrepreneur who is committed to serving the Colorado Springs community and providing laundry and related-services that are second to none. She has spent the last 10+ years honing her skills and sharing her knowledge on her podcast, Laundry and Other Mysteries.
As a laundry attendant turned “Laundry Diva”, Desiree has developed a unique perspective when it comes to being a laundry professional. Influenced by other home care experts, she aspires to help others learn to make or use more holistic cleaning methods in their homes.
- Depending on client needs, Desiree provides laundry and related-services including mobile services, wash/dry/fold, and ironing.
- Provides holistic detergent and other holistic laundry products based on client requests.
- How to make/use holistic cleansers (either laundry or household).
- “How to do laundry” classes.
- How to produce your own podcast
Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner
Getting Started In 1987 I was looking for a way to manage the stress of my job as the administrator of psychiatric treatment programs for children and adolescents. A friend suggested I try Jin Shin Jyutsu. I experienced benefit from the first session and was delighted to find that those benefits were enhanced and extended by the self-help sequence my practitioner suggested, a sequence I have done every day since. As I studied the art, I found that its philosophy, called physio-philosophy, suits me with its simplicity, its position on the oneness of body, mind, spirit, its awareness that I alone am responsible for my being and its understanding the importance of attitude to my health and well being. I was relieved to find that, while Jin Shin Jyutsu steps away from many Western conceptions, it is not esoteric or faddish. It is, rather, practical and down to earth, not asking for belief or allegiance to any doctrine. It is the art of knowing myself. For me, it is home.
Becoming Established In 1995 I became an Authorized Practitioner of the Mary Burmeister Jin Shin Jyutsu Institute and have had a private practice in Colorado Springs for over fifteen years. For eleven years I served on the Advisory Council of the Mary Burmeister Jin Shin Jyutsu Institute. For nine years I had the privilege of receiving daily sessions for a week from Mary Burmeister, the Japanese-American who brought Jin Shin Jyutsu to us from Japan.
How It Works I offer Jin Shin Jyutsu sessions which usually last an hour with the fully clothed client lying face-up on a massage table having but one job: relax. After assessing the energetic harmony in the body, I lightly hold the body in two places, waiting for the energy to come into balance and, when it does, I move on to the next step in the sequence. I am not a healer. Jin Shin Jyutsu is an energy balancing art, an energy harmonizing art. When energy is balanced the body’s natural, innate capacity to heal itself is engaged. Jin Shin Jyutsu facilitates that engagement. To the extent that the client is interested, I teach basic Jin Shin Jyutsu concepts and self-help strategies.
Instruction From time to time I offer a two-day self-help class which introduces the physio-philosophy of Jin Shin Jyutsu and the basics of how to utilize the art to establish and maintain energetic harmony, body, mind and spirit.
Antonio Briceno helps clients with individual health insurance, small group, Medicare, Supplemental, Disability, and Life Insurance. There is no cost in person consulting, and full customer service for products. Mr. Briceno provides explanation on how these products work, in multiple situations, and which ones work best for each individual by doing a thorough evaluation of a person’s needs.
- Individual Health Insurance – On exchange, which includes subsidies from the government and off exchange enroll directly with major companies and meeting federal guidelines
- Small Group Plans – Health insurance for businesses from 2 employees to 99
- Medicare – Health insurance for individuals over 65 or medical disabled
- Supplemental Insurance – insurance plans that reimburse for accidents and illnesses; from hundreds of dollars to thousands
- Disability – pays you when you can not work
- Life Insurance – Pays your family if you die
David R. Mals, LMT, CST, Reiki II
David is a 31-year veteran of Medical Massage Therapy. His undergraduate work is in Interpersonal/Intrapersonal Communication at WSU in Fairborn, OH. David attended a two-year program at Self Health School of Medical Massage in Lebanon, OH. David will be frequently stating, “Your body has all of the answers. As a Licensed Massage Therapist, I am a facilitator with knowledge.”
Licensed Massage therapist, Cranio Sacral Therapist, Reiki II Practitioner, Lymphatic Drainage and Visceral Manipulation Practitioner, Infant Massage Instructor and Certified Laughter Yoga Leader.
David is a Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in CranioSacral therapy with a target market assisting those with closed head injuries, migraines and Autism. As a CranioSacral Practitioner, David tracks restrictions in the body, then puts into motion the healing process by helping to clear the restricted pathways that allow the body to self-correct/heal.
The professionals at Miriam’s Place are not doctors. The information available from the professionals at Miriam’s Place is based on first-hand knowledge of the techniques used in their professions. If you are recently injured, you should seek medical advice to ascertain what kind of injury you have sustained.
The professionals at Miriam’s Place work with doctors and encourage their clients to utilize the tests and imaging that doctors offer.