Laura E Archuleta
HeadSmart Solutions LLC
Ms. Archuleta is a Jane-of-all-trades in the office. Ms. Archuleta works with small business owners to make their businesses run smoothly. She performs those tasks the small business owners just do not have time for. These services include: filing, making phone calls, organizing events, scheduling business appointments.
Ms. Archuleta is the Operations Manager at Miriam’s Place. Her duties include coordinating the Art Openings, classes, tours, and office meeting agendas. She handles all work requests for the space.
Ms. Archuleta has developed her skills by working with many different small businesses over the years as she pursued a BS degree Educational Studies.
Description of Service
Ms. Archuleta meets with the small business owner to determine the best solution to help their business run smoothly.
How to Write An Invoice
Do’s and Don’ts of Google Calendars
Amy L. Cook-Porter, RCST®
Porter Cranio Therapies
Amy Cook-Porter is a Registered Cranio Sacral Therapist. She completed her training for both Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy and Biodynamic Lymphatic Therapy at the School of Inner Health under the instruction Kathleen Morrow. Ms Cook-Porter is skilled in reducing joint inflammation, injuries to hips, knees and ankles as well as neck and shoulders. She is also trained in closed head injuries.
- Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy – A noninvasive, hands-on therapy that involves gentle pressure at the joints of the body. The holding begins at the ankles and works up to the head tracking and removing restriction, allowing the body to self correct.
- Biodynamic Lymphatic Therapy – This therapy works in conjunction with Craniosacral Therapy. At each joint there may be fluid. As a lymphatic therapist, she is trained to drain the fluids from the joints into the lymph vessels for elimination from the body. In this way homeostasis of the joint fluids are returned, allowing for self correction and an increased boost to the immune system.
- Self-care for arms & shoulders
- Self-care for hips, knees & ankles
- Understanding the lymphatic system differently
Roberta graduated from the Scherer Academy of Natural Healing (now the Santa Fe School of Massage) in 1990 and has been practicing massage in Colorado since September 1990. In 1991 she began taking classes in a type of somatic/structural bodywork called Ortho-Bionomy. Over the years, she has taken a number of classes in this modality, and has found it to greatly enhance her bodywork practice. She holds certifications in several energy modalities such as Reiki and Magnified Healing, and has also been trained in Flower Essence Therapy.
Roberta has worked in a variety of settings, including a DO’s office, day spas, shared offices, and at home. She has worked with “shut-ins” and has visited nursing homes and assisted living facilities
Massage Therapy, Ortho-Bionomy® (somatic bodywork), Flower Essences, Reiki, Lymph Drainage
Description of service/product offered
Massage therapy, somatic Bodywork, custom prepared flower essences.
Diva’s Laundry Service
A self-described “Laundry Diva”, Desiree “Diva” Hickson is an entrepreneur who is committed to serving the Colorado Springs community and providing laundry and related-services that are second to none. She has spent the last 8 years honing her skills and is currently most passionate about the work she is doing in the holistic community.
As a laundry attendant turned “Laundry Diva”, Desiree has developed a unique perspective when it comes to being a laundry professional. Influenced by other home care experts, she aspires to help others learn to make or use more holistic cleaning methods in their homes.
- Depending on client needs, Desiree provides laundry and related-services including mobile services, wash/dry/fold, and ironing.
- Provides holistic detergent and other holistic laundry products based on client requests.
- How to make/use holistic cleansers (either laundry or household).
- “How to do laundry” classes.
Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner
Getting Started In 1987 I was looking for a way to manage the stress of my job as the administrator of psychiatric treatment programs for children and adolescents. A friend suggested I try Jin Shin Jyutsu. I experienced benefit from the first session and was delighted to find that those benefits were enhanced and extended by the self-help sequence my practitioner suggested, a sequence I have done every day since. As I studied the art, I found that its philosophy, called physio-philosophy, suits me with its simplicity, its position on the oneness of body, mind, spirit, its awareness that I alone am responsible for my being and its understanding the importance of attitude to my health and well being. I was relieved to find that, while Jin Shin Jyutsu steps away from many Western conceptions, it is not esoteric or faddish. It is, rather, practical and down to earth, not asking for belief or allegiance to any doctrine. It is the art of knowing myself. For me, it is home.
Becoming Established In 1995 I became an Authorized Practitioner of the Mary Burmeister Jin Shin Jyutsu Institute and have had a private practice in Colorado Springs for over fifteen years. For eleven years I served on the Advisory Council of the Mary Burmeister Jin Shin Jyutsu Institute. For nine years I had the privilege of receiving daily sessions for a week from Mary Burmeister, the Japanese-American who brought Jin Shin Jyutsu to us from Japan.
How It Works I offer Jin Shin Jyutsu sessions which usually last an hour with the fully clothed client lying face-up on a massage table having but one job: relax. After assessing the energetic harmony in the body, I lightly hold the body in two places, waiting for the energy to come into balance and, when it does, I move on to the next step in the sequence. I am not a healer. Jin Shin Jyutsu is an energy balancing art, an energy harmonizing art. When energy is balanced the body’s natural, innate capacity to heal itself is engaged. Jin Shin Jyutsu facilitates that engagement. To the extent that the client is interested, I teach basic Jin Shin Jyutsu concepts and self-help strategies.
Instruction From time to time I offer a two-day self-help class which introduces the physio-philosophy of Jin Shin Jyutsu and the basics of how to utilize the art to establish and maintain energetic harmony, body, mind and spirit.
Brendan Ellis Williams
Brendan Ellis William provides clinical consultations in traditional Western herbalism; energetic and shamanic healing; counseling and spiritual direction; teaching and ritual arts.
- Holistic, clinical diagnostic session and consultation in traditional Western herbalism (1 hour – $110.00) (Initial consultations: 1.5 hours – $140.00)
- Energetic healing and clearing session (Reiki, with European shamanic and folk healing modalities) (1 hour – $75.00)
- Spiritual direction and pastoral counseling session (1 hour – $85.00)
- Narrative-based spiritual counseling and transformational coaching session (1 hour – $90.00)
- Contemplative practices in Western traditions
- Animism and radical ecology
- Spirituality rooted in the living Earth
- Sacred visual arts and writing practices for spiritual development
- Ancient Celtic spirituality
- Connecting with the spirits of plants
- Knowing the healing plants in your neighborhood.
Antonio Briceno helps clients with individual health insurance, small group, Medicare, Supplemental, Disability, and Life Insurance. There is no cost in person consulting, and full customer service for products. Mr. Briceno provides explanation on how these products work, in multiple situations, and which ones work best for each individual by doing a thorough evaluation of a person’s needs.
- Individual Health Insurance – On exchange, which includes subsidies from the government and off exchange enroll directly with major companies and meeting federal guidelines
- Small Group Plans – Health insurance for businesses from 2 employees to 99
- Medicare – Health insurance for individuals over 65 or medical disabled
- Supplemental Insurance – insurance plans that reimburse for accidents and illnesses; from hundreds of dollars to thousands
- Disability – pays you when you can not work
- Life Insurance – Pays your family if you die
Owner of Foot Reflexology by Christina
I started my path in 1991 with a Reiki class, then quickly took Reiki II and a year or so later the Reiki Master/Teacher classes. I then taught Reiki occasionally for another few years. In 2001, I met a teacher that taught a higher energy and used it with bodywork (similar to massage) for about three-four years. In 2002, though I was buying a couple books to give my students for a Reiki I class, when a book fell off an upper shelf. It was a reflexology book. I took it as a sign from Spirit and bought the book. I really like this technique and studied and practiced on me for about six months. In order to know how to work on other people, I took a 2-day class from a practitioner that been practicing for 40 years. I did learn a lot and then decided to start working on other people and participating in metaphysical fairs to get a wider variety of dis-eases or discomforts to increase my abilities.
I have been practicing now for 18 years and have added many tools to my tool box along the way. I also use essential oils, especially clients with plantar fasciitis. I have helped may people and told them things about themselves that they did not know or had not told anyone else. To help them even further, I always give my clients “action steps” that enhance what I have already done or bring further correction to their body.
I love what I do and do it well. Put your feet in my hands, and let’s see how I can help you begin your healing process Naturally.
Reflexology is a non-invasive form of applying pressure to reflex points all over the body. Though it is not a massage, reflexology can identify individual organs, glands, bones and other body parts to bring the body into balance and a better state of wellness naturally. It is quite relaxing and at the same time rejuvenating to the body.
Essential oils are powerful products that help heal, enhance, or repair any ailments or dis-eases of the body, mind and spirit.
Raindrop Technique is another non-invasive way of applying nine different essential oils along the spine with very light bushing techniques that spread the across the back and from top to bottom of the spine. This technique was originally put together for spinal problems, but it also helps with many others ailments as well.
- Foot Reflexology using essential oils when required
- Young Living’s Raindrop Technique
- Teach Reiki Master classes and Reflexology classes for beginners.
- Basic foot reflexology (2 day class)
- Introduction to essential oils (30 – 45 minutes)
- Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Easy (2 hour)
- Reiki I, II, and Master classes
Virginia Gwaltney, LMT, CNRT-M
Virginia Gwaltney has been a Licensed Massage Therapist since 1992. She completed Certification at the Colorado Institute of Massage Therapy (previously known as the Stress Massage Institute) with 1150 hours of training. She is certified in Deep Tissue, Trigger Point Therapy, Stress Massage, Pregnancy, Sports, Infant, and Swedish massage. She has additional training in Advanced Myofascial Release of the Head, Neck and Jaw. In 2018, she completed training and Certification in Neural Reset Therapy® (NRT) which included Upper Body, Lower Body, and Advanced Training for the designation of Certified Neural Reset Therapist – Master. NRT is a treatment that provides rapid muscular pain relief for many chronic symptoms such as migraines, sciatica, fibromyalgia, neck and back pain.
- Neural Reset Therapy – rapid muscular pain relief by working more directly with the nervous system
- Therapeutic Massage – soft tissue manipulation utilizing deep tissue, Trigger Point therapy, Advanced Myofascial Release and other therapeutic techniques for pain relief, accident/injury rehab and maintaining overall good health
- AromaTouch® Treatment – Application of 8 doTERRA ®essential oils improves wellbeing by reducing physical and emotional stressors, and supports a healthy immune system
- doTERRA Essential Oils – Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils and healthy lifestyle products
- How to experience rapid pain relief thru NRT
30 min presentation – 15 minute Q&A
- Essential Oils for Aches & Pains
30 min presentation – 15 minute Q & A
David R. Mals, LMT, CST, Reiki II
David is a 31-year veteran of Medical Massage Therapy. His undergraduate work is in Interpersonal/Intrapersonal Communication at WSU in Fairborn, OH. David attended a two-year program at Self Health School of Medical Massage in Lebanon, OH. David will be frequently stating, “Your body has all of the answers. As a Licensed Massage Therapist, I am a facilitator with knowledge.”
Licensed Massage therapist, Cranio Sacral Therapist, Reiki II Practitioner, Lymphatic Drainage and Visceral Manipulation Practitioner, Infant Massage Instructor and Certified Laughter Yoga Leader.
David is a Licensed Massage Therapist specializing in CranioSacral therapy with a target market assisting those with closed head injuries, migraines and Autism. As a CranioSacral Practitioner, David tracks restrictions in the body, then puts into motion the healing process by helping to clear the restricted pathways that allow the body to self-correct/heal.
Lorrie Urbaniak, MS. LMFT
The Whole U Self Care
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Certified Holistic Life Coach
Certified EFT Practitioner
My name is Lorrie Urbaniak. In addition to being a certified Holistic Life Coach trained by Alan Cohen, a Hay House published author of over 25 books, and radio host, I am a licensed marriage and family therapist, LMFT and a trained and certified in EFT- Emotional Freedom Technique or Tapping.
I have spent my career in the helping profession working with people. I feel most at home working with people who are ready to move on to the next phase of their lives. I believe that the school of life brings us to many places and brings forth many challenges. The way we respond to the challenge is all about perspective. I believe that life can be rich and full of love, joy, and happiness. I look forward to working with you on your own special journey.
My goal is to help you discover YOU! Life can become a maze of work, family, other people, but what about YOU? Where did YOU end up in all this? I will help you to reconnect with yourself, cheer you on in whatever direction your intuition, your spirit, your own inner guidance is gently whispering to you. Life is such an amazing gift! We tend to forget that we are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around. With coaching you will be able to dive into your own spiritual path and begin to live a more enlightened, divinely guided life. As your coach, we will work together to create a life that you see possible. We will work in harmony to explore your dreams and visions. This is such an exciting time for you! I will be honored to be part of your journey
The professionals at Miriam’s Place are not doctors. The information available from the professionals at Miriam’s Place is based on first-hand knowledge of the techniques used in their professions. If you are recently injured, you should seek medical advice to ascertain what kind of injury you have sustained.
The professionals at Miriam’s Place work with doctors and encourage their clients to utilize the tests and imaging that doctors offer.